Friday, January 20, 2017

Sexy Becomes Her ~ @MySexySaturday #MySexySaturday #MySexyAuthors #Saturday7 #MSS173



Welcome to the 173rd week of My Sexy Saturday.

This week’s theme: Sexy Becomes Her

Have you noticed a sexy woman walk into the room? Sometimes they know they’re sexy and play it up, sometimes they don’t have a clue. Regardless of if they know or not, they draw people, both men and women, to them like bees to honey. Sometimes they are witty and make anyone in their sphere feel special even if they aren’t someone they love. Have you ever met someone like that? That person is what this week is about…and this week, I'm hosting Jami Gray on my blog. She just released a new book, "Marked by Obsession"

THAT FIRST KISS

What is it about that moment when the one person who fuels every fantasy dancing through your head touches you and leaves you tied up in breathless, anxious knots?
Every romance tries to capture that illusive picture, and, as many a writer will tell you, it’s not always easy. There’s so much going on with your characters in that one, brief moment out of time. Insecurities are darting around like fireflies, desire plays tug-of-war with logic, obscure thoughts careen through your brain (OMG, did I have onions for lunch? Where’s a damn mint?), and impatience imprisons air in your lungs and your body aches with curiosity.
Yeah, it’s a lot to try and capture on the page. It’s also one of the hardest types of scenes for me to write. Yes, I realize that seems strange coming from someone who writes paranormal romantic suspense, but it’s the truth. I don’t want the scene to read like a manual (insert Tab A into Tab B), nor do I want it to read like a teenage diary filled with emotional angst. Finding that delicate balance between seducing the emotions and seducing the body means that I will spend days on these crucial scenes.
Like any good seduction, a writer needs to understand the wants and needs of their characters, because those will be the underlying drivers connecting these two hearts. I’ll actually spend a few days, move on in the story, then go back a couple days later and make sure it reads organically—so that nothing feels stilted or forced. No one wants to read wooden love scenes.
Here’s hoping I’ve managed to do my job!

MARKED BY OBSESSION


Some betrayals hide behind love, others obsession...

The loss of her beloved brother and a series of unexplained events plunges Meli Dwyer into a dangerously unfamiliar reality. Alone and floundering, she turns to the sexy and unsettling Wolf Kincaid, PSY-IV Team’s skilled telepath, for help even as her battered heart whispers to steer clear of a man more dangerous than what hunts her.
Will Meli find the answers to her personal nightmare before one man’s obsession costs her the heart of another?
Pick up your copy here:

Want a sneak peak?
As I stepped through the door, he stopped, his hand tightening on mine. I stopped and looked over my shoulder. He was watching me with a strange intensity. “You sure about this, Meli?”
My mouth was dry and the butterflies in my stomach were going crazy. “Yeah.”
When my answer emerged in a squeak, I winced. He didn’t say anything, just arched an eyebrow in question. I tried again, this time swallowing past my nerves. “Yes, Wolf, I’m one hundred and fifty percent sure.”
That got me a small grin. “Just a hundred and fifty?” He stepped in until he could wrap an arm around my waist and pull me close. He let go of my hand and cupped my chin, dropping his head, his gaze never leaving mine, until our lips were just a breath apart. “Maybe I should wait until you hit two hundred.”
“Don’t you dar—” My husky complaint was cut off by his kiss. Held as I was, all
I could do was follow his lead. His tongue traced my lips, once, then twice. On the second pass, I met him with mine. Like adding gasoline to a lit match, the heat flared, breaking my desire free of whatever silly constraints existed. Our tongues teased and coaxed, until I was trying to pull free to turn to face him. What I wanted was to run my hands over those shoulders and down his chest, taking the time to trace the lines of muscle and explore the expanse of hot skin with my fingers and tongue. If I were really lucky, I might discover what caresses would break through his steely control.

 
Jami Gray is the award winning, multi-published author of the Urban Fantasy series, The Kyn Kronicles, and the Paranormal Romantic Suspense series, PSY-IV Teams. She can be soothed with coffee and chocolate. Surrounded by Star Wars obsessed males and two female labs moonlighting as the Fur Minxes, she escapes by playing with the voices in her head.

Hunt her down at:

Amazon Author Page: http://amzn.com/e/B006HU3HJI

And there you have it. Stay sexy and visit all of the below participating blogs. 


3 comments:

  1. Thank you for letting me sneak in and visit, Zrinka! Happy Saturday, all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your word choices are superb and evidence of the hard work you put into them. Great tease!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks, Angelica. Thank you so much for checking it out!

      Delete