Saturday, September 10, 2011

My WIP

  Hi all,

Sorry it's been a while but I've been busy editing, critiquing, moderating, reading and above all writing. So without the further ado, I'd like to introduce my newest project titled "Treasured Chest". This is a pirates' romance set around the same time period as the movies POTC. Only my pirates are sailing the Adriatic Sea. You can expect the usual bravery, fighting, injustice, cussing and all that comes with the pirates. But above all there'll be love and love rules at the end of the day. The story started as a short story for a pirate anthology. Then I've learned something. I can't write short stories. I couldn't develop the story with allowed 7.5ks. It just didn't make any sense. Now it morphed to over 21ks and growing daily. I'm hoping it would be done at about 40ks. This must be the first story I wrote from the seat of my pants. Never knowing which way it will take me. It feels like my muse is really having a field day with this one. Anyone ever had such experience? Well, I'll be posting some excerpts in a day or so. In the meantime enjoy in my favorite scene from the POTC 3, multiple Jack.<Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this wierdness... Does seem to put immortality bit out of the reach, does it? Oh, a peanut!>

2 comments:

  1. This looks like a very entertaining read. And, yeah, I've tried to write short stories too. I just can't seem to do it either!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, the story is completed at guess what? 71k. So it is full lenght novel now. It may grow another few hunderd words as I go through edits and flesh out some scenes. If I can remember everything I wanted to write into it. Since it is a historical romance, I need to ground the reader in place and time. I also learned something else writing this. In historicals, make sure the word you want to use has been in use in that century or it may sound too modern. Yikes, as if writing alone wasn't hard enough.

    ReplyDelete