Monday, December 17, 2012

Mainly Monday-not today



As much as we like to ogle muscular men on Mondays, in the light of Friday's terrible, senseless massacre that left 20 children age 6 and 7, and six adults (teachers and the school principle) dead, I've decided to forgoe my regular feature and post something different.
I cannot begin to imagine what the parents, families and entire community must be going through. I try not to follow the coverage because it saddens me. By now whatever little Christmas spirit I had, it's been killed along with the victims. If it wasn't for my boys, I'd take Christmas tree and all decorations down. I keep imagining those presents waiting for the kids to open them.
Another disturbing news is that many families don't have money for their children's funeral. Of course, they never imagined they'll be the ones burying their children. It should never be this way, parents laying their kids to rest.
I couldn't just stand by and not do anything. I've joined the Facebook event Authors for Connecticut Victims, where I'm donating proceeds from the sales of my two books from today until Dec. 31st,  as well as Facebook group Indies in Action (IIA)  where we donating poem, short stories and generally words of encouragement to help people heal and move on.
Here's my short poem that will be featured in the anthology we're putting together and all proceeds will go to benefit families and community.


May they rest in eternal peace. 

Amen

2 comments:

  1. Zrinka, it has been heartbreaking watching the coverage. I can't imagine the pain the families and everyone involved are experiencing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Leslie. Yes, the grief and sorrow is now filling their homes, instead of joy.

      Delete