Thursday, September 25, 2014

Author in the Spotlight: J.S. Wilsoncroft


BIO

J.S. Wilsoncroft lives in a small town in Central Pennsylvania with her hubby, two children and two yappy dogs.  She grooms dogs during the day and writes romance stories at night.  Often times, she gets her story ideas while shaving dog's butts. So it's safe to say, she won't be quitting her day job anytime soon. :)  J.S. currently has four romance books available on Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Smashword, Kobo and many other sites. Her books are Fat Chances, Remembering Zane, The Unfaithful Widow and My Haunting Love. She has a new one coming out soon called Roller Coaster Love. Book one of a three books series called Roller Coast Love Series. 

Check J.S. Wilsoncroft on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram

Twitter @jswilsoncroft
Instagram  JSWilsoncroft

You can find the links to her books on her author page on Amazon  http://www.amazon.com/J-S-Wilsoncroft/e/B0061APZF8/fblink/ref=cm_sw_r_fa_nu_Uunhub1WD1KJZ






INTERVIEW

Please tell us about your writing. Can you explain the title without giving too much away?
What was your journey as a writer?
I am inspired by authors like Arturo Perez Reverte, Jack Vance, Dan Simmons, Beatrice Small, J.R.R Tolkien, C. S. Lewis.

What writers inspire you? Hmmm...Since I write mostly romance novels, I would have to say Danielle Steel, Nicholas Spark and Stephenie Meyer. I also read of  lot of Stephen King and VC Andrew books during my teenage years.


What are your future writing goals? My goal is to put out the best book I can write. I want to grow and learn from each book. And having a publisher and editor teaching me, helping me along the way makes a huge difference.

Whom do you see as your ideal reader? Anyone that reads my book and tells me that they love it is my ideal reader. There is nothing more rewarding then hearing some random person tell me that they love my books. It just makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. :)

When you have time, what would we find you reading? I try to read other Indie author books. We 'Indies' try to support each other as much as we can. Although, by the repeated request from my thirteen year old daughter I had just finished reading The Fault in Our Stars. I am now reading Becca Boucher's Hunting the Moon.

What do you learn from your writing?

Who has been your biggest supporter? That is easy...My family and friends, but if I were to choose one person it would be my father. He is asking me all the time, "How are your books doing? When is your new one coming out?" God Love him!!!

How are you promoting your work?


What advice can you give to aspiring writers? I just had a fifteen year old ask me for advice and my answer to him was "Keep writing and reading. If you find yourself at a writer's roadblock, take a break and read." Read anything. And most importantly...NEVER GIVE UP!!


Thank you for being my guest today. I wish you the best of luck with your writing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment