Sunday, September 14, 2014

Monday Morning Trivia

I'm starting a new Monday's feature on my blog that I'd like to call "Monday Morning Trivia". It's something little about a book, like did you know that...?

I would like to invite all, authors and readers, who'd like to have their book featured here to contact me via my blog or Facebook channels. If you have a book or if you read a book that has interesting tidbit, be it a place in the story, a legend (local legends are usually unknown to the rest of the world), a song the story is based on, or a name of a character or even a character itself, please share with me and the rest of us.

I'd like to start off with my pirate's romance titled "Treasured Chest", published by Black Opal Books in 2012. available at Black Opal Books Amazon Barnes & Noble AllRomance eBooks Smashwords and Kobobooks


The book takes place on the Adriatic Sea and I'm sure you all know that's a real place. But what you may not know, the steaming love scene in the book takes place inside the Blue Cave. After a few readers commented "if only the Blue Cave was real" I had decided to show you that in fact it is real. There are many Blue Caves or Azure Caves or Emerald Caves through out the world and the one in my book is a natural phenomena that occurs only at the certain time of day and during certain time of the year. 

As per Wiki:
"The Blue Grotto or Blue Cave (CroatianModra špilja), is a water-logged sea cave located in a small bay called Balun (Ball in the local dialect), on the east side of the island of Biševo and about 4.5 nautical miles (8.3 km) from Komiža, in the Croatian Adriatic. It is situated in the central Dalmatian archipelago, 5 km south-west of the island of Vis. The grotto is one of the best known natural beauty spots on the Adriatic and a popular show cave because of the glowing blue light that appears at certain times of day"

And of course the picture speaks thousand words so here's the most astonishing Blue Cave captured on the camera. It is at this place they discovered the treasure chest hidden for decades that many were after. Here's a excerpt. 

"They exchanged the puzzled glances then gaped at the detailed top of another chest placed inside the plain wooden box. Gold leaves decorated the corners of deep, red leather.
“Looks like it hasn’t seen daylight in decades. Do you think this is the crest of the Marquis?” She pointed to encircled winged lion bearing the letters DG.
He slowly pulled the leather box out of its protective covering. “We’ll find out soon.”"



In a way the readers' comments made me feel great, it shows I captured the beauty of this place on the page. And as you can see it, it is real. 

Should you take a trip to this part of the world, check out the trip advisory on the link to the page where people who visited left their impressions. 


And I'd love to leave you with a video from this place. Don't forget to leave a comment and do come again when I post more locations from the book. And don't forget to contact me if you want me to host your book with something you'd like to forecast. 




No comments:

Post a Comment